Administrative staff should report vacation and sick leave usage in Human Resources System Self-Service Time Reporting.
This new system will provide more accurate and timely reporting and eliminate time-consuming manual processing of vacation and sick time. Employees will be able to see up-to-date information on their payroll statement or by logging into Self-Service Time Reporting. Department heads and managers will receive monthly usage and balance reports.
- System functionality calculates and reports in hours rather than days (to accommodate a variety of work schedules).
- Vacation leave is accrued and time taken is deducted each pay period. This will allow employees to see more up-to-date balances.
- Sick leave usage is now being recorded in compliance with the Massachusetts Sick Leave Law passed last summer. While this tracking is now required, administrative employees do not accrue sick days and therefore won’t see a balance.
- Vacation and sick leave must be taken in half-day or full-day increments based on an individual’s standard hours. Administrative staff who work full-time will enter 4 hours for a half-day and 8 hours for a full-day.
- Ideally, you should report time taken as you use it. However, with this new system, you’ll be able to enter vacation time in advance or after you take it.
When you log in, your vacation balance will reflect time accrued and taken through June 30th, as well as your accrual from July 1st through August 13th. Please log in to the Human Resources System now to enter vacation and sick time you’ve taken since July 1, 2016.
What stays the same?
- The annual vacation accrual for full-time administrative staff remains 22 days or 176 hours, prorated for part-time staff (see the policy for details).
- The maximum vacation balance remains 1 ½ times your annual accrual. For full-time administrative staff, this is 33 days or 264 hours.
- Administrative staff are paid their regular salary for time taken as sick leave.
Questions? Please contact Christa Waryas, Payroll Systems Manager, at ext 4479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.