Over the coming weeks, each department will develop a departmental reopening work plan that will include which staff members will return to work on campus and when. Department heads can start working on their work plans with the tools below, we will hold a session next week for rollout and discussion, as well as schedule one on one consults.
Employees who have successfully worked from home should continue to do so unless the operational needs of a department dictate otherwise. We recognize this will vary by department and job. Departments heads will have to evaluate the services, functions, and staffing levels necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and needs of the department. We encourage creativity and flexibility to meet short and medium-term needs.
Departmental reopening work plans may include:
- Full-time or part-time remote work.
- Flexible schedules to accommodate childcare duties.
- Staff rotating on-campus and off-campus days/weeks to limit the number of staff on campus.
- Staff who work typical business hours may flex their schedule into evening hours as to not overlap with colleagues.
- Offices may limit hours, be close to visitors, and/or provide services by appointment only to control the flow of visitors and the number of staff needed
- Physical changes to the workplace i.e. plexiglass barriers will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Work Plan Template (Google Doc) Make a Copy under File Menu to draft your own
Questions regarding the development of departmental work plans can be directed to Matt Sheehy at [email protected] or 412-680-5172.