During the COVID-19 pandemic, reducing the overall burden of respiratory illnesses is important to protect not just vulnerable populations but to reduce the risk of severe illness for everyone. As we have done in past years, the college strives to make flu vaccinations accessible to staff and faculty by hosting flu shot clinics on campus.
The CDC recommends annual flu vaccination for everyone 6 months of age and older, with rare exceptions, because it is an effective way to decrease flu illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.
Flu clinics will be administered by Berkshire Health Systems and the Williamstown Apothecary at 72 Spring Street (former WCMA gift shop space).
Wednesday, Oct 7th, 9 am – 12 pm
Thursday, Oct 15th, 2 pm – 5 pm
Tuesday, Oct 20th, 9 am – 12 pm
Thursday, Oct 29th, 1 pm – 4 pm
- The flu shot clinic is available to faculty, staff, and immediate family members in your household, who are over 18 years of age and older.
- Each person will need their own appointment.
- You must present your insurance card.
- Flu shots are covered 100% by the college insurance plans and most other health plans.
- Wear short sleeves is encouraged, facial coverings will be required.
Save a little time by printing and completing the Berkshire Health Systems consent form (PDF) in advance.
While it is conveniently located to the college, the Williamtown Apothecary is a community pharmacy that provides comprehensive services to the community at large. If you cannot attend one of the four designated flu clinics, flu shots will also be available through the Apothecary pharmacists during regular operating hours. The Apothecary will be able to provide vaccinations to individuals 9 years of age and older. While flu vaccinations have arrived at the Apothecary, PPE supply change issues have caused some delays. They expect to start offering vaccinations to the week of October 12, 2020.