Google Hangouts Meet: Step by Step
facilitated by Kevin Thomas, Learning & Development Manager
Thursday, March 26, 2020
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
via Live Stream for presentation (no registration required), instructions for joining below
followed by a Google Hangouts Meet for discussion, questions, and practice (registration required, register below).
Google Hangouts Meet is the videoconferencing technology supported by Williams. In this live stream presentation, you’ll learn:
- How to create a Hangouts Meeting within Google Calendar, and invite people to join
- How to join a Hangouts Meeting when it is time for it to start
- How to share your screen within a Google Hangouts Meeting
- How to record a Google Hangouts Meet for later viewing
- How to use other settings to optimize your experience
- Some best practices to make Hangouts Meetings productive
Instructions for joining Live Stream
- At the appointed time, click on the link.
- If it asks which account you want to log in as, choose your williams.edu account. Note: you will not be able to join without logging in using your williams.edu account.
- You’ll be taken to the live stream.
Register for Discussion, Questions, and Practice Google Hangouts Meet
After the Live Stream, you’re welcome to join a standard videoconference meeting to ask questions, share your thoughts, and experiment with the technology. To receive an invitation to that meeting, register below.