Benefits Changes Due to Life Events
We are happy to announce that you can now complete all changes needed for Life Events (i.e. birth of a baby, marriage, divorce, or change your HSA contribution) in bswift, our online benefits portal.
See Changes After Open Enrollment for more information about what changes you can make.
How To Get Started
- On the bswift HomePage, you will see a panel titled “Life Events”.
- Click on the Life Event you are experiencing (from the common ones listed) or click on “All other Life Events”.
- On the next page, select the Life Event if needed, enter the effective date, and add a new dependent (if applicable).
- Follow the steps to make your Life Event Enrollment changes, including coverage, dependents, and beneficiaries.
Changes need to be made within 31 days of the Life Event.
- You can only enter a Life Event after it has occurred. For example, if you are planning on getting married on 3/1/18, you will be unable to log the event until 3/2/18.
- There is one except to this: future life events are allowed 30 days before Spouse/Child/Employee has Lost or Gained Coverage Elsewhere.
- You have 31 days after the event occurs to complete the enrollment changes.
Please note that you will need to provide documentation in order for some Life Event elections to be approved:
- Birth: enter child’s SSN within three months
- Marriage: Upload marriage license
- Divorce/Legal Separation: Upload legal document
- Adoption/Legal Guardianship: Upload adoption/custody legal document
- Dependent Lost or Gained Coverage Elsewhere: Upload official letter stating change of eligibility
- Dependent Death: Upload death certificate