Staff who can successfully do their work remotely should continue to do so through the end of the calendar year. We recognize this will vary by department and job. Departments heads will need to analyze critical services needs and staffing levels to determine what is appropriate for their needs. We encourage departments to think creatively and flexibly to meet short and medium-term needs. Any long-term or formal telework arrangements should follow the college’s Remote Work Policy (formerly the telecommuting policy).
Departmental Reopening Work Plans may include:
- Full-time or part-time remote work.
- Flexible schedules to accommodate childcare duties.
- Staff rotating on-campus and off-campus days/weeks to limit the number of staff on campus.
- Staff who work typical business hours may flex their schedule into evening hours as to not overlap with colleagues.
- Offices may limit hours, be close to visitors, and/or provide services by appointment only to control the flow of visitors and the number of staff needed
- Physical changes to the workplace i.e. plexiglass barriers will be reviews on a case by case basis.
The above scenarios do not need to be approved by HR, however, Tammi and Danielle are available for consult. If an informal arrangement cannot be accommodated within the department, employees can submit an accommodation request to Human Resources. When remote work is not possible, HR will work with supervisors to create a low contact work environment to reduce the risk of exposure.
Please note employees should not share any personal medical information in their department. HR will maintain all confidential personal health information. Here is the link to the CDC Guidelines for People Who Are at Increased Risk for Severe Illness.