HealthEquity – login to review your accounts and submit claims.
- First Time Login Guide will help you set up your account.
- FSA Member Guide includes information on “Getting Started” to “Substantiation of Claims” and a “Glossary of Terms”.
- Helpful Tips for Using Your Card Guide
- Dependent Care Self Reimbursement Instructions
- Orthodontia Reimbursement Form
- HIPAA Authorization Form – complete to display (Private) adult dependent’s claims details
- Informational Videos at HealthEquity to learn more about Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts.
About Health Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Maximum Annual Elections: (effective 1/1/22)
- Annual Carryover: Healthcare FSA programs participants can roll over up to $550 of unused funds at the end of the plan year (available after the claims submission cutoff of 3/30 for 2021 carryover to 2022).
- Over-The-Counter medications are now eligible for reimbursement through a Healthcare FSA or HSA without a prescription (thanks to the Cares Act of 2020)
- New Flexible Spending Account Rules for 2021
Automatic and Optional Enrollments
- HMO Blue New England $500 Deductible and Blue Care Elect $500 Deductible health plan participants:
- Optional employee contributions to a Healthcare FSA
- Blue Care Elect Saver $1500 health plan participants:
- Automatic HSA funding by the college ($500 individuals / $1,000 employee +1 and families)
- Optional employee contributions to the HSA and a Limited Use FSA
Terms & Regulations
- FSA – flexible spending account (employee contributions only)
- Healthcare FSA – flexible spending account for medical expenses (formerly know as medical expense reimbursement account)
- Limited Use FSA – flexible spending account for vision and dental expenses, used in conjunction with a health savings account (HSA)
- Dependent Care FSA – flexible spending account for work-related dependent care expenses
- HSA – health savings account (employee and employer contributions)
- Qualified Medical Expenses – as designated by the IRS, these include medical, dental, vision and prescription expenses.