Finding Your User ID and Reminder Response
Your Employee Self-Service User ID is the letter ‘W’ plus your 7-digit Employee ID which can be found on your pay statement, example: W1234567.
For New Hires, your User ID and a default reminder question response will be provided by the Dean of the Faculty’s Office (Faculty) or by the Office of Human Resources (Staff).
If you have trouble determining your User ID or reminder question, contact Human Resources at x2682 or x3032.
Setting Up Your Password
The first step is to activate your Williams e-mail account. You will need to access this e-mail account to retrieve a generic password the first time you go into Self-Service.
- To activate your account, call the Office for Information Technology Help Desk staff at 413.597.4090 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST.
- Once activated, employees can access e-mail via http://email.williams.edu.
The next step is to set up your PeopleSoft account, our main administrative software system.
- For your initial login you will need to know your User ID (W#######) and a default reminder question/answer. For Faculty this information will be provided by the Dean of the Faculty’s Office and for Staff by the Office of Human Resources.
- Once you have received this information, access the PeopleSoft Human Resources System login page directly at https://ephr.williams.edu or from the HR home page click PeopleSoft Self-Service, and then click the link for the PeopleSoft Human Resources System login.
- Click: Reset My Password
- Enter your User ID (W must be in caps) and click Continue.
- Enter the Question Response you received.
- Click Email New Password.
- Close the browser window.
- A new randomly-generated password will be e-mailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org within a few minutes. After receiving your new password, open the PeopleSoft Human Resources System login page again from your browser.
- At the login page, enter your User ID (W must be in caps) and your new password (case sensitive). You will immediately see a message that your password has expired.
- Click Click here to change your password.
- Enter the new password you just received (case sensitive) as the Current Password.
- Enter a New Password and Confirm Password. Your password is case sensitive and must be a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters in length. At least one password character must be a numeric digit. Click Change Password.
- Click OK. (Use the password you set for all future logins.)
Change Your Password or Reminder Question/Response
- From within PeopleSoft, click My System Profile on the bottom of the left hand menu.
- Click Change or set up forgotten password help to change your reminder question and response.
- Click Change password to change your password whenever desired.
Log In and Password Tips
- If you forget your password, click the Reset My Password link and walk through the steps above.
- After 10 consecutive unsuccessful login attempts, you will be locked out, at which point you must call Human Resources (x2682 or x3032) to have the account unlocked. This may take some time and you will then need to go through the Forgot My Password routine. Tip: Stop trying at 9 and just click Reset My Password.
- All passwords expire after 180 days. Countdown warning messages will begin appearing 30 days prior to the expiration date. If your password has already expired, you will be redirected to a page where you must create a new password as described above.
- Changing your password/reminder question in either the Human Resources or Student PeopleSoft systems will update it in the other.
Last updated 4/17/13