Welcome to Williams College
New Hire Forms
As a new or returning employee, we ask that you complete the following forms prior to but no later than your first day of employment by coming to the Human Resources office at 100 Spring Street, Suite 201, Williamstown, MA 01267.
1. Employment Eligibility Verification Form
The Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 is a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form. It is used by an employer to verify an employee’s identity and to establish that the worker is eligible to accept employment in the United States.
- You will fill out the I-9 Form in our HR office with assistance from a staff member.
- If you are unable to be on campus by your first day, you can contact Kevin Orell (x4075) for assistance with completing a reciprocal I-9 near your location.
- You will need to provide original, non-expired documentation from this list: I-9 Acceptable Docs
2. Human Resources System Self-Service
A member of HR will provide you with instructions on how to activate your Williams email account and how to use your account to log in to the Human Resources System.
- Please review the HR System Self-Service Getting Started page for instructions on how to log into these systems. This page will also guide you through changing your reminder question and response whenever desired.
- Enter or update Personal Information, including Home and Mailing Address, Main and Campus Emergency Cell Phone Numbers, and Emergency Contacts.
- Enter Payroll and Compensation information, including Direct Deposit, Federal W-4 Tax Withholding and Massachusetts M-4 Tax Withholding online forms. *You will be able to view copies of your paycheck and year-end W-2 forms here as well.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The online payroll forms can ONLY be completed once you have started, and are not available PRIOR to your first day. If you do not complete the Tax Withholding forms, Income Taxes will be withheld from your wages based on claiming Single.
- Complete an Employment Application (if you have not already done so) under Main Menu > Self-Service > Employment Opportunities > Careers. Select the job title Temporary Employment Application (Job Opening = 300970) and click Apply. (You can apply without attaching a resume or cover letter.) Complete the application and click on Submit Application.
3. Benefits Forms
- Review and Acknowledge the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave Notice and the Short Term Disability, Family and Parental Leaves information.
- Review the Sick Leave Policy (includes Non-Benefited Staff) and FAQ.
- Review the Affordable Care Act New Employee Notice.
- Review the Retirement Income Plan (SRA) information. Enrollment instructions are provided for this optional benefit.
Hourly staff are paid biweekly every other Friday. Please see the payroll calendar for the first pay date.
Under Main Menu > Self Service > Time Reporting:
- Report Time: Complete your timesheet for each pay period.
- View Time: View calculated approved hours for current and previous pay weeks.
- View a video tutorial on navigating through Time Reporting.