Welcome to Williams College
New Hire Forms
As a new or returning employee, we ask that you complete the following forms prior to but no later than your first day of employment by coming to the Human Resources office at 100 Spring Street, Suite 201, Williamstown, MA 01267.
1. Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- The Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 is a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form. It is used by an employer to verify an employee’s identity and to establish that the worker is eligible to accept employment in the United States.
- Download the Federal I-9 Form (this must be downloaded and opened in Adobe Acrobat or another pdf viewer – not in your browser). Fill out “Section 1” on page 1 and click ‘Click to Finish’ button prior to printing. The form will auto-check for any missing required fields. Notify a Human Resources staff member before printing, so we can complete the Employer portion of the form.
- You will need to provide original documentation as listed on page 4 of the I-9 Form.
2. New Hire Information Form
- As a recipient of federal funds (such as student financial aid and research grants), Williams College is required to report the race and ethnicity of its employees, in the aggregate, every year to the Department of Education’s Integrated Post-secondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Follow this link to complete the Staff New Hire Form.
3. PeopleSoft Self-Service
- PeopleSoft is our Human Resources and Payroll system. Please review the PeopleSoft Self-Service Getting Started page for instructions on how to log in. A member of HR will provide you with your PeopleSoft ID and your default Reminder Question response, as well as instructions on how to activate your Williams email account (necessary for setting your PeopleSoft password).
- Under Main Menu > My System Profile, click Change or set up forgotten password help to change your reminder question and response. Select Change password to change your password whenever desired.
- Enter or update Personal Information, including Home and Mailing Address, Main and Campus Emergency Cell Phone Numbers, and Emergency Contacts.
- Enter Payroll and Compensation information, including Direct Deposit, Federal W-4 Tax Withholding and Massachusetts M-4 Tax Withholding online forms.* You will be able to view your payslips and year-end W-2 forms here as well.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The online payroll forms can ONLY be completed once you have started, and are not available prior to your first day. If you do not complete the Tax Withholding forms, Income Taxes will be withheld from your wages based on claiming Single with 0 allowances.
- If you have not completed an employment application, please do so under Main Menu > Self-Service > Employment Opportunities > Careers. Select the job title Temporary Employment Application and click Apply. You can apply without attaching a resume, but you must complete the application, and click on Submit Application.
4. Benefits Forms
- Review the Sick Leave for Non-Benefited Staff Policy and FAQ.
- Review the Affordable Care Act New Employee Notice.
- Review the Retirement Income Plan (SRA) information. Enrollment instructions are provided for this optional benefit.
Payroll & Benefits Information
Hourly staff are paid biweekly every other Friday. Please see the payroll calendar for the first pay date.
Under Main Menu > Self Service > Report Time:
- Time Reporting.Complete your timesheet for each pay period.
- View Time: View calculated approved hours for current and previous pay weeks.
- View a video tutorial on navigating through Time Reporting.
Should you have any payroll questions while filling out these forms, please contact Deb Stawarz at (413) 597-2682 and should you have any benefits questions, please contact Megan Bates at (413) 597-4355.