For students, staff, and faculty interested in connecting for babysitting and childcare services, Human Resources provides the following information.
This online bulletin board allows you to post an ASK or an OFFER for babysitting & childcare needs. Access to this community is limited to students, alumni, parents of students and all faculty and staff along with their spouses/ partners. Please create posts in the “Babysitting” category.
1- If you are seeking sitter services, we recommend you clearly describe your needs, as well as relevant information, such as:
- Times and location of babysitting
- Number, age of children
- Pets in the home
- Transportation. Parents are responsible for providing transportation, however some sitters may be able to provide their own.
2- If you are offering sitting services, you can create a post as regularly as needed to publicize your availability. We recommend you introduce yourself, your experience, and any other relevant information (languages spoken, open schedule, access to transportation, references, etc).
Babysitting pay rates and all terms are negotiated between parents and sitters. For reference, the 2019 Massachusetts minimum wage rate is $12/hour.
More information on Switchboard here. If you have additional questions about the service, please call the Office of Human Resources at 413-597-2681
The Children’s Center at Williams
The College operates The Children’s Center at Williams College, which provides care to children from 6 weeks through Pre-K, with afterschool care for school-age children.
Below are some additional options available to the community. Parents and families should properly screen all providers. These resources are not to be considered recommendations from or endorsements by the College.
Additional Local Child Care Centers and Resources
- Child Care of the Berkshires (infants through school-age)
- Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care Licensed Child Care Search (infant through school-age)
- Oak Hill Children’s Center (6 weeks through age 12) (802-823-7839)
- Pine Cobble School Early Childhood Program (2 years, 9 months through Kindergarten)
- Williamstown Community Preschool (15 months through Pre-K)
Williams Employee Assistance Program (EAP): e4Health
Williams’ EAP, e4Health, provides confidential and voluntary counseling referral services free of charge to employees and members of their household. They can assist with finding recurring childcare (as well as elder or pet care, and much more!)
The e4health can be reached by calling 1-800-828-6025, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information visit www.helloe4.com Enter williams college as the Username and guest as the Password.