Newly hired employees must complete an I-9 form (confirming work eligibility) and provide the College with his or her Social Security number. See Payroll Forms.
If you do not have a Social Security number, one can be obtained from the Social Security Office in North Adams. Application forms are available in Human Resources.
You are always welcome to privately discuss individual questions with a member of the Human Resources team. Please contact Christa Waryas at extension 4479 or email [email protected].
All employees are subject to Federal income tax withholding, Massachusetts income tax withholding, and Social Security (FICA) tax withholding. Federal and Massachusetts income tax is withheld from your wages based on marital status and the number of allowances claimed on the forms. You may also specify that an additional dollar amount be withheld or indicate that you are exempt from withholding. To change your withholdings from year to year, sign in to PeopleSoft Human Resources System and in the left hand column under Self Service, click Payroll and Compensation.
- Federal (W-4) Tax Information: For assistance, use the IRS Withholding Calculator.
- Massachusetts (M-4) Tax Withholding: For assistance, use the W-4 Withholding Calculator.
The College encourages faculty and staff to set up direct deposit and to opt out of printing whenever possible, as an important part of our commitment to sustainability. Employees may have their net pay deposited automatically each payday into a single or multiple accounts in the same or different financial institutions:
- By amount or percentage
- To checking or savings accounts
To set up or change your Direct Deposit, please sign in to PeopleSoft Human Resources System and in the left hand column under Self Service, click Payroll and Compensation.. You can also use the Pay Statement Print Option to cease receiving a printed payroll advice slip in the mail.
- Support Staff (Non-Exempt) Pay Calendar
- Faculty and Administrative Staff (Exempt) Pay Calendar
- Student Academic Year Pay Calendar
- Student Summer Pay Calendar
Hourly staff and students complete bi-weekly timesheets electronically through PeopleSoft under the Self Service menu.
- Hourly Staff/Students: View a video tutorial on navigating through Time Reporting in Self-Service.
- Time Approvers: Download this instruction guide for your reference on navigating through Time Management in Manager Self-Service.
PeopleSoft Self Service
The Office of Human Resources Employee Self-Service is never closed! From work or home, during the day, in the evening or on the weekends, sign in to PeopleSoft Human Resources System. Help can be found here if needed.
If you have any problems/questions, faculty can contact Barb Pietras in the Dean of Faculty office at x4138 and staff can contact Deb Stawarz in the HR office at x2682.