Student employment can be an important part of a student’s overall college experience! Not only can students enhance their academic experience through many positions, they also have the opportunity to acquire workplace skills, knowledge, and abilities while enrolled at Williams.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created the need for some changes in some of our typical academic year hiring practices. Please take a moment to review these bullet points. Additional resources can also be found below.
- Students are still required to complete the I-9 Form before they can be hired into a position. In keeping with current college protocols in addition to those currently in effect for the Department of Homeland Security, students will be able to complete their I-9 form remotely.
- Full instructions for completing and submitting the I-9 form are available on the student employment website.
- Students who are enrolled for on campus or remote learning and who are physically in the U.S. are eligible to hold student employment positions. If a student is not in the U.S., they may not hold a position.
- With rare exception, student employees will complete their work remotely. If it is considered a necessity for students to work in-person, it must be included in and approved as part of a department’s return to work plan. All protocols and precautions for student employee health and safety must be followed.
- The pandemic itself, in addition to remote work requirements means fewer than usual student positions are available this year. The nature of some types of positions does not allow for work to be completed remotely.
- The Campus Earning Expectation is waived for the 2020-21 academic year. However, the 10 hours per week limit for all students will be observed.
Please contact email@example.com with questions regarding student employment.
Student Employment Resources for:
|Students:||Information specifically for new and returning students|
|Supervisors:||This page is currently being revised. In the meantime, for answers to many of your questions, please visit the Student Employment Guidelines|
|Summer Employment:||Student employment during the summer differs from the academic year in a few ways. This section currently being revised to reflect updates for Summer 2021 programming due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.|
|Parents & Families:||Due to COVID-19, there are temporary changes in Student Employment at Williams. Please send general inquiries to [email protected]|
In a given academic year, Williams employs approximately 1100 students, in over 55 departments.