A great way to make connections locally is to volunteer with an organization whose mission speaks to you. Maybe you are interested in helping to tutor a non-English speaker or you have time to provide administrative support a few mornings a week or you enjoy de-dupping a database; volunteering could be a great option to meet new people in the local area! Check out the resources below to find an organization, volunteer a few hours of your week, and make new connections–they may lead to a new job!
- All Berkshire County nonprofits (including volunteer matching service)
- Child Care of the Berkshires, Inc., with extensive free programming for families, youth mentoring volunteer opportunities. Play and learn groups for parents and young children
- Northern Berkshire Community Coalition: forum for community issues including links to newsletter, resources, and list of health and human service agencies
- Engage with Community Organizations listed at Williams College
- The Center for Learning in Action at Williams College
- Volunteer.net lists myriad volunteer options by interest area and region.