Encourage habits of wellness, increase awareness of factors and resources contributing to well-being, inspire and empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health, and to support a sense of community through education and initiatives that support employees in making healthy choices with their work and home lives.
Wellness Committee has 10 members. Members of the Committee are selected from a broad cross-section of faculty, administrative, and support staff on campus. Membership should be inclusive of as many departments as possible. Terms are for two or three years. Meetings are monthly.
New members are solicited from the community via an all campus memo. Membership is selected by the Committee at the June meeting.
Duties of Members
- The Wellness Committee meets at least once per month to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate the employee wellness program.
- Members are expected to participate in planning events and programs, assist at events, educate and encourage worksite wellness.
- Review and recommend Wellness initiatives that relate to one of the following areas:
- Building relationships with coworkers, family and friends
- Emotional wellbeing
- Fitness/physical activity
- Quit smoking
- Spiritual wellbeing
- Stress management
- Weight control
- Work and home life balance
Hank Art, Biology
Janine Burt, Human Resources
Scott Cunningham, Facilities
Sara Feathers, Libraries
Cyndi Haley, Deans Office
Lynna Jackson, IT
Kristen McCormack, Career Center
Shana Shippee, Williams College Childrens Center
Jillian St. John, Dining Services
Laura Strauch, Chemistry
Tina van Luling, CSS
Megan Bates, Human Resources
Kris Maloney, Human Resources
Carolyn Miles, Athletics