Based in Human Resources, the Williams WERC group (Wellbeing- Engagement-Recognition-Community) focuses on the overall Williams employee experience. Serving as a sounding board and organizing committee, its mission is two-fold:
1) Support and Coordinate programming and events which:
- Offer wellbeing initiatives
- Facilitate community-building connections
- Recognize achievements, such as work milestones and retirements
- Honor the daily contributions of employees
SUBSCRIBE TO THE WERC GOOGLE CALENDAR! This is a first step to learning about activity throughout our community, from wellbeing to public events.
2) Develop tools and resources to enable managers and other leaders to support their staff holistically.
Working broadly, the group will consult with the President’s Office, Benefits, Learning & Development and other areas as it evaluates needs, encourages collaboration, supports current programs, and pilots initiatives.
Committee Structure & Membership Terms
Our group is comprised of 10 members representing a broad cross-section of the campus, including a representative from the Staff Committee. Five ex-officio representatives from Human Resources and the President’s Office guide the group’s agenda.
- Membership is a two-year commitment, expiring in December. Members can serve for two terms before taking a one-year, well-deserved, break.
- With the exemption of December and July, the Committee meets monthly for strategizing and planning. Members are encouraged to devote some time outside of meetings for research and event support activity.
- New members are solicited annually. Staff may express interest themselves or be referred by others.
Current members and Coordination
Current committee members:
Emily Bourguignon, Office of College Relations
Michael Goodwin, Student Financial Services
Anne Kennedy, WCMA
Zeffa Kinney (she/her), Campus Safety Services (CSS)
Carolyn Miles, Athletics
Christine Parker, Office of College Relations
Ex Officio members:
Lauren Barenski, President’s Office
Megan Childers, Human Resources
Richard Duncan, Human Resources
Cecilia Hirsch, Human Resources
Brenda Lepicier, Human Resources
Group Contact: Cecilia Hirsch, Human Resources (Coordinator)
Thanks to member Mike Goodwin for our logo design!