Academic year hours: Monday through Thursday — 9:00am to 3:00pm
Also available by appointment
The college’s Manager for Spouse Partner Resources provides transitional and job search support to spouses and partners of current and prospective faculty and administrative staff.
The position was established in the Fall of 2002 to address the career and transitional needs of college partners. The college recognizes that for many prospective and current faculty and staff, issues relating to the professional integration of their partner is essential to their acceptance of employment and their continued investment in the college community.
To ensure an integrated approach to the needs of partners, the Manager of Spouse Partner Resources works in conjunction with Human Resources and the Dean of Faculty. Spouse Partner Resources is also supported by the Career Center and Alumni Relations.
The college is committed to supporting partners through the following resources and services offered through the Manager of Spouse Partner Resources:
- Transitional support that includes information on educational, recreational, and community service opportunities in addition to information on employment
- Confidential individual consultation
- Practical assistance with all areas of the job-search process including resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, and employer research
- Assistance with LinkedIn profile-building, by appointment
- Connection to network of regional business and volunteer contacts
- Cloud85 Yr1 Reimbursement Fund. Join Cloud85 co-working space in North Adams and receive a 50% reimbursement on your first year of membership.
- Professional Development Fund assistance: a college-funded program providing financial support for qualified individuals pursuing job-related training, education, or professional development
- Café Connect – opportunity for social connection and wider regional engagement through participation in college events, 1Berkshire Meetups and other targeted community events relevant to expanding partner networks.
- Workshops and seminars in a variety of areas offered through Training and Development
- Attention to relevant issues including career transition and re-entry into the workforce
- Facebook Groups – Spouse Partners of Williams College (open group) and Families in Williamstown (open group)
You and your family are considering a move to a highly cultural and naturally beautiful region of the country. 1Berkshire, our regional Chamber partner, wants to show you that life is calling in the Berkshires.