We are actively recruiting a new manager of spouse partner resources, but other colleagues in HR can help! Please contact Richard Duncan at [email protected] or (413) 597-4587. (4/9/18)
As a benefit to new faculty and administrative staff, the manager of spouse partner resources provides transitional and job search support to spouses and partners of current and prospective faculty and administrative staff. You and your partner may have several questions about the employment market for your partner.
The College recognizes that for many prospective and current faculty and staff, issues relating to the professional integration of their partner is essential to their acceptance of employment and their continued investment in the college community.
The college is committed to supporting partners by providing:
- Transitional support; helping people connect to specific interests and resources to make their integration into Berkshire County as smooth and as quick as possible; including connection to employment leads
- Confidential individual consultation
- Practical assistance with all areas of the job-search process including resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, and employer research
- Assistance with LinkedIn profile-building, by appointment
- Connection to network of regional business and volunteer contacts
- Cloud85 Reimbursement Fund. Join Cloud85 co-working space in North Adams and receive a 50% reimbursement on your first year of membership
- Professional Development Fund. A college-funded program providing financial support for qualified individuals pursuing job-related training, education, or professional development
- Next Connect – opportunity for social connection and wider regional engagement through participation in college events, 1Berkshire Meetups and other community events geared to expanding social and professional networks
- Workshops and seminars in a variety of areas offered through Learning and Development in HR
- Attention to relevant issues including career transition and re-entry into the workforce
- Facebook Groups – Spouse Partners of Williams College (open group) and Families in Williamstown (open group)
You and your family are considering a move to a highly cultural and naturally beautiful region of the country. 1Berkshire, our regional Chamber partner, shows you that life is calling in the Berkshires.