As a benefit to new faculty and administrative staff, the manager of spouse partner resources provides transitional and job search support to spouses and partners of current and prospective faculty and administrative staff. You and your partner may have several questions about the employment market.
The College recognizes that for many prospective and current faculty and staff, issues relating to the professional integration of their partner is essential to their acceptance of employment and their continued investment in the college community.
The college is committed to supporting partners by providing:
- Transitional support; helping people connect to specific interests and resources to make their integration into Berkshire County as smooth and as quick as possible; including connection to employment leads
- Confidential individual consultation
- Practical assistance with all areas of the job-search process including resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, employer research, and LinkedIn profile-building
- Professional Development Fund: a college-funded program providing financial support for qualifying activity such as job-related training, establishing a local workspace, or professional development.
- Membership in the Plus One Network, a region-wide online community network of spouses and partners at small New England institutions.
- Workshops and seminars in a variety of areas offered through the Plus One Network, Learning and Development in HR, visiting speakers and/or consultants.
- Programs and social gatherings to get acquainted with local resources, build networking opportunities and wider regional engagement. Get to know our highly cultural and naturally beautiful region through our regional Chamber partner, 1Berkshire and our local Destination Williamstown.
- Facebook Groups – Spouse Partners of Williams College (closed group) and Families in Williamstown (closed group)
Ways to Connect:
- Has your spouse or partner officially joined the staff or faculty? Please introduce yourself by completing the Spouse/Partner Information Form, to begin receiving communications and get connected to resources.
- Consult the HR calendar to see the latest news and events.
- The Spouse Partner newsletter is published biweekly. If you are not ready to complete the above form, simply email me to request the latest issue.
I look forward to working with you!
Cecilia Hirsch, Manager, Spouse/Partner Resources